baslinux - [BL] Wireless-tools and the lot

  • From: Mouse <mouse AT whiskers.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Wireless-tools and the lot
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:21:27 -0500

Greetings all,

Thanks for BasicLinux, it runs very well on my 16mb 120mhz Libretto 70. A few questions, please.

One - Where is the 'wireless-tools' package? iwconfig, iwlist, etc. I see only one reference to the software, packaged as "wireless.tgz" and at http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/add-ons/wireless.tgz but the link is 404'ed and even web.archive.org doesn't have it archived.

Two - is there a development environment for BasicLinux? I am well versed enough to find my own sources and compile 2.2.26, libc5, gcc et al, but I'd really prefer not to, as someone's obviously done that already. If it's lost to time, however, I'll be forced to do it (and contribute it back). I must make this machine useful! It's too cute not to! But it's like a corded elephant, if I can't get wireless working.

Thanks! :)
-mouse