baslinux - Re: [BL] mouse acceleration in Latitude D600 requires 2009 Xvesa

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mouse acceleration in Latitude D600 requires 2009 Xvesa
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 20:35:04 +0000 (UTC)

nOn Fri, 22 Jul 2011, sindi keesan wrote:

Mouse acceleration was not working on my DELL Latitude D600 (1.6GHz in
theory but something broke so only 600Mhz in practice) with BL2, using
standard BL3 uclibc-static Xvesa or Xfbdev. (SVGA X does not work). ATI
Radeon video. Circa 2001 or 2002.

The solution was to use a 2009 Xvesa, from Xorg, precompiled for glibc21.
(I did not try the 2009 Xfbdev yet).

It worked once but not again. Maybe Xvesa was affected when I did a warm reboot from another OS where the mouse accelerated.

I will find a working serial mouse, or figure out how to use a USB mouse in BL.

Sindi Keesan