baslinux - [BL] ogg support Re: Best mplayer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] ogg support Re: Best mplayer
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 04:57:02 +0000 (UTC)

I compiled mplayer 0.93 with ogg support for p54c i586 and i686,
but did not succeed in compiling with DVD support. Some day.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/mplayer-0.93-p54c-ogg-novideo.gz
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/mplayer-0.93-i586-ogg-novideo.gz
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/mplayer-0.93-i686-ogg-novideo.gz

Testing on i686 online with mp3 and offline with ogg. Report problems.

Non-ogg versions are also there. (Omit -ogg).
Adding ogg support makes the binaries about 110K larger.

Adding support for playing DVDs (without oggs) adds the same.

The p54c versions are smallest (2.6-2.7MB) and work on an i686.
The i586 versions (mmx and 3dnow) and i686 (mmx2, etc.) are 3.1-3.2MB.
MMX and 3DNow don't seem to be needed for playing mp3s even online.

I compiled two versions that play DVDs but not oggs:

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/mplayer-0.93-i686-glibc225-video.gz
This version plays DVDs with svga, vesa, fbdev, x11 and xvidix.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/mplayer-0.93-i586-glibc236-nox11.gz
This i586 version plays DVDs with svga (add svgalib), vesa, fbdev.
I don't advise playing DVDs on a 586 even at 400MHz. Looks awful.

My compiled 1.0pre7 versions do not play DVDs but can hopefully be used with mplayer plugin. I may attempt 1.0pre8 ogg and DVD support.

No aacp (I could not compile the library without adding at least three large prorams) or flv support. Use Ron's mplayer for both, but it is
static so 4 times as large.