baslinux - Re: [BL] New MPlayer to try ...

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] New MPlayer to try ...
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 02:43:40 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hi Folks,

As there has been some disussion about playing .flv video in BL, I
have had a go at compiling an up-to-date MPlayer.

For those who want to try an updated MPlayer:

http://www.ausreg.com/bl/bl3/readme.htm ... bottom entry.

Please rename the package to include the mplayer version.

It is a BIG download - just over 12 MB - but includes all libaries,
so NO dependencies. Compiled in SW9.1.

I think SW8.1 gcc and glibc did not work for compiling a recent version.
Thanks for making this available.

Will play .flv files.

Does it work as Seamonkey/Firefox plugin to play flv and/or youtube?

I don't currently have access to a fast connection to try it.
Public library connection is down to 5-10K/sec until the next door underground parking garage is finished. (No idea why the connection).

Might be a good idea to back-up your existing MPlayer - just in case this
one turns out to be buggy.

Is the binary itself 12MB? David Moberg's binary is 7.6MB but it compressed smaller.

Your milage may vary.

Regards,
Ron

(netpbm is misspelled netpbn at your site but the link is correct)