baslinux - [BL] w3m 0.42

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] w3m 0.42
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:44:27 +0000 (UTC)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/w3m-0.42-glibc225.tgz
880K package with lots of docs, 2.1MB binary compiled with SSL,
popup, mouse, image, nntp, cookie and w3mmail (default configure).

There is also a version 0.21 w3m-0.21.tgz, much smaller but not very useful.

And a version 0.5 at linuxpackageS. NET for glibc 2.3 (tested with 2.3.6).

sdf has version 0.52 (and man page for 2.1).

The default editor is vi and external browser mozilla.
Keyboard (arrow) mouse or tab move between links.
You can edit with whatever editor is built in until you find
a way to specify pico.

w3m -M URL (or file name).
-M for mono (or links will be dark blue on black and illegible)

Very powerful looking program with lots of keyboard commands that I don't yet know how to use.

Can you use pico with links2? I find nothing about editor in the manual.
Is it built in? Ctrl-K deletes current line. I need a better editor for fastmail.

Sindi Keesan

  • [BL] w3m 0.42, baslinux, 11/29/2009