baslinux - Re: [BL] Gateway 2000 solo Xfbdev problem (Neomagic)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Gateway 2000 solo Xfbdev problem (Neomagic)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 20:53:25 +0000 (UTC)

I compiled opl3sa2 into the kernel (along with ad1848 and mpu401). None of these will compile as modules with or without soundcore and sound compiled into the kernel. I loaded with various options. Nothing works. Maybe it needs plugnplay or something set in BIOS.

Neomagic video is apparently generally associated with Yamaha opl3sa2 sound. The Gateway and Dell have both (they also have the most RAM of all my older laptops, 48 and 72MB). Toshibas (16 and 32MB RAM) have sb16 and Chips and Tech video. I think so do the Compaq (32MB RAM).

DOes anyone have OPL3SA2 working in BL3?

Sindi Keesan