baslinux - Re: [BL] bl and 2.4. kernel

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bl and 2.4. kernel
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:21:52 +0200

Hi,
first of all excuse me for mistyping the object of my previous message.

Sindi wrote:
> I posted a bunch of smaller 2.4.31 kernels along with modules.
> http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31 -kernels and modules
> http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/blfiles.htm - explanation

> The current BL2 works fine with 2.4.31 kernel, and a glibc update lets you
> use Firefox and Seamonkey (and Opera). I used BL2 on a 200MHz computer
> for a while. Compiling a kernel took 20 minutes.

I installed slackware 10.2 just to test and also because I thought it is too
complicate for me to manage bl installation and then all the upgrading with
libraries, but I can try...hoping to not get lost. What I meant is that it
would be useful to have a bl version based on 2.4.31 kernel with add-ons
(easier to add) as for the current bl; of course if that is considered
useful for the community of bl users.

> I found some place a Firefox 1.5.0.7. There is no 1.7.

sorry the firefox package in slackware 10.2 is 1.0.6, I got confused with
mozilla package 1.7.11 (maybe netscape) which I did not install.

Regards,

Giuseppe