baslinux - Re: [BL] DE-220PCT

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] DE-220PCT
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 15:38:18 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

On the subject of D-link cards, I got a DFE-530TX+ and I know what
module I need for it, but my experience with DSL says that I'll need to
specify IRQ and IO despite it being a PCI card. I have no clue how to go
about this, does anyone?

It seems that the driver cannot automatically determine your io and irq settings. (I checked other sites as well).

dmesg or ifconfig eth0 should give io and irq for the card.

Try insmod via-rhine io=0xe658 irq=12 (or whatever the numbers are).

The solutions online use /etc/modules.conf which we don't use.

I can mail NIC cards to anyone in the US for the cost of postage,
but ask your friends for them. People change to wireless.