baslinux - Re: [BL] aol mail with BL3.5 at 100Mhz/24MB

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] aol mail with BL3.5 at 100Mhz/24MB
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 05:12:29 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi Keesan

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

The loaner laptop is 100Mhz with 24MB memory

AOL does offer POP mail. I might try him with Sylpheed.

For that machine I would recommend Sylpheed and links2.

Links2, like lynx, signs in to a blank page (javascript?).
I don't get asked whether to use the 'Basic' version and 'trouble logging in' produces an 'error loading' screen.

It gets to the login screen about 30 sec sooner.

Opera 9.63 won't log in - unspecified error. 8.54 worked yesterday.
Another approach got me into an infinite loop - login/password, security question. Deleting AOL cookies got me into a login loop (same page repeated).

This project may not be worth it. Linux is for people who can change their habits (and addresses).

Does Sylpheed work with AOL POP mail? Opera also does POP mail.