baslinux - Re: [BL] startx has fatal errors [was: migration problem]

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] startx has fatal errors [was: migration problem]
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 07:23:41 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Matthias wrote:

> BL is working from floppy perfectly well. why not
> from hd though?

It is probably something in your HD boot.

I asked this before, but I do not remember getting
an answer: how exactly are you booting from HD?
lilo? loadlin? What exactly?

> failed exec modprobe -s -k net-pf-1, errno = 2

Where did modprobe come from? BL3 has no modprobe.
Are you booting from an old Linux boot routine?
Is an old lilo in your MBR? Are you booting an
old Linux kernel? Have you got an old Linux config
file in /etc ?