baslinux - [BL] startx has fatal errors [was: migration problem]

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] startx has fatal errors [was: migration problem]
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 17:30:20 +0100

Dear Reader, hello Steven,

Thank You for answer! I still like to figure this out, since BL is
working from floppy perfectly well. why not from hd though? Maybe you
can help me if I produced some more error messages in detail.

Even before I startx I get the error message:

failed exec modprobe -s -k net-pf-1, errno = 2

This message I get more often. It seems the kernel bahaves differently

And after startx is executed I get _XSERVTransSocketOpen: failed, unable to
open, open failed and more the like.
Do you have a clue?
Matthias

Am Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 06:22:33AM +1300, blickte mich
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org mit: