baslinux - [BL] Help compiling for libc5 was Re: cabextract - for libc5 please

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Help compiling for libc5 was Re: cabextract - for libc5 please
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:14:17 +0000 (UTC)

I found and compiled linux cabextract for glibc 2.2.5 - 48K stripped
(http://keesan.freeshell./org/bl/cabextract) and attempted it for uclibc
so I could use it with 2-floppy linux but it would not compile. Something
missing.

Steven, could you download the 200K or so source code and compile for
libc5 so it can be used with 2-floppy BL3? It compiles easily and quickly
for glibc.

Steven, please help. Do I need a different compiler?

Only one of six small programs compiled for me as follows:

I installed BL3.50 loop to ext2 and pkg'ed binutils, gmake, linuxinc, egcs, and libc packages (and deleted doc man and info files). BL3 is 28MB with these packages.

gzip wanted a non-busybox grep

xlhtml said to try a different compiler after numerous errors about float
in one of the source files.

sox: Syntax error, unterminated quoted string. Error 2.
Would a newer compiler tolerate this better?

aumix: bin/sh: msgfmt not found Error 2.
Do we need bash instead of ash?

mcdp small CLI CD player compiled perfectly for libc5. I posted it at my site. (16K libc5, 17K glibc, 31K uclibc-static).

cabextract entered and left the src directory for several pages and exited with Error 2 (It would not compile with uclibc). No idea what is wrong here.