baslinux - [BL] ld.so.conf and /usr/local/lib

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] ld.so.conf and /usr/local/lib
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:47:10 +0000 (UTC)

Many of the programs I compile are set up to install their libraries into /usr/local/lib (pilot-link and pilot-db-tools) but BL2 is not finding them there so I have to put them in /usr/lib. I have not checked BL3 for this.
svgalib also seems to need /usr/lib but it does not work when chrooted.

Some programs look in /usr/local/lib.

I read that I should add /usr/local/lib to the path in /etc/ld.so.conf
but that did not help.

How do I fix this other than by putting everything in /usr/lib?

Sindi Keesan