baslinux - Re: [BL] I can't mount the HD

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] I can't mount the HD
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 18:31:17 -0400

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Message from Steven
===================
Your assumption is wrong. Type 83 is means
the partition is Linux. It does indicate
an ext2 filesystem. It does not indicate any filesystem. To put a filesystem on a type 83 partition, you execute mke2fs (or other filesystem maker).

Ok, so I really don't know how to use mke2fs, but at a random guess of mke2fs /dev/hda1, it gives me an error message of
mke2fs: bad blocks count - /dev/hda1

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, but I've looked through the manual for mke2fs and I still don't know what to do...