baslinux - Re: [BL] Doesn't know how to handle device 0x0100

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Doesn't know how to handle device 0x0100
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:16:39 +1200

Message from Steven
===================

> When I boot using the BL3 floppy version, it can see
> the partitions OK. The install copies files because
> running install-to-hd a second time tells me the hdd
> is not empty.

Did you execute mke2fs before running install-to-hd ?

> All seems to go OK until I type in lilo -v

Where exactly were you when you executed lilo ?
Were you running from the HD partition? Or
were you still running from the floppy version?

> "Sorry, don't know how to handle device 0x0100"

I think that error means you are still running from
the ramdisk (i.e. floppy version). I suggest you
read the instructions more carefully. You need to
boot /dev/hda1 before running lilo.