baslinux - Re: [BL] Screenshots

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Screenshots
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:19:28 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Teixeira wrote:

> My question is, is there a way to do some screenshotting,
> both graphical and text mode?

-----------
imagemagick
-----------
imagemagick is a collection of tools and libraries for image manipulation.

To take a snapshot using Imagemagic:
import -window root screenshot.png

--
xv
--

----
gimp

-------------------
Framebuffer Console
-------------------
Use fbgrab to grab a screenshot in a framebuffer console.
fbgrab filename.png

-----
scrot
-----
scrot is a small (66 kB) screen shot grabber based on imlib2. It has lots of
options for autogenerating filenames, and can do fun stuff like taking
screenshots of multiple displays and glueing them together.

---
xwd
---
xwd (manual page) is a part of XFree, so chances are high you already have it
installed. It can dump screenshots to .xwd files. This is not a common
format. After taking a screenshot using xwd -root -out test.xwd the only
programs I found capable of opening it were Gimp and xwud (manual page).

xwd, imagemagick and xv are all available from Slackware 4.0.
You will also probably need to install the x-libs.tgz package
from the BL3.