baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 install

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 install
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 01:20:58 +0100

message from Giuseppe
=================================
Thank you Sindi and Steven for help and patience.

Steven wrote:
>Please read the BL2 startup screen.

!!! Ooops, I was searching on the web what was in front of me.

>I recommend you use a temporary DOS partition (hda1)
>and then (after you have installed to HD) reformat
>the DOS partition to a swap partition.

I'll do that way.
Can I keep the dos partition and then put LILO in MBR to boot dos, BL-2 and
BL-3?
How can I change lilo.conf?

Now I have:
linux swap in hda1; BL-3 installed from fd in had5; empty hda6 and hda7;
LILO from BL-3 in MBR.
BL-3 boot when th pc is on.
Before putting LILO on MBR I changed lilo.conf in BL-3 from:

#boot=/dev/hda ### this line puts lilo in MBR of primary harddrive
### otherwise lilo goes in root partition
image=/boot/zimage
label=BL3
root=CURRENT
read-write

to:

boot=/dev/hda ### this line puts lilo in MBR of primary harddrive
### otherwise lilo goes in root partition
image=/boot/zimage
label=BL3
root=/dev/hda5
read-only (looking on the mailing list it seems I had to keep
"read-write" in this line but it works)

thanks for help.
Giuseppe