baslinux - Re: [BL] Arachne bl 3

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Arachne bl 3
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 07:17:30 +1100

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 04:07:03 +1300
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> > How is it with arachne for Linux svga lib
> > for bl 3
>
> AFAIK Arachne for Linux requires glibc2; therefore
> you should try it with BL2, not BL3.

That is correct.

> > do we hav any precompiled version of that on the
> > bl homepage or on someone elses homepage?
>
> No, we have links2 (which is probably better).

At this stage, Links is certainly better than the experimental Linux port
of Arachne.
Arachne for DOS is under continuous development, but work on the Linux port
is patchy at best.
There has been nothing newer available for Linux than the same version from a
few years ago.

Regards,
Ron (beta-tester for one fork of Arachne)

--
Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com