baslinux - Re: [BL] (no subject)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] (no subject)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 22:25:34 -0400

The default xserver works fine! However my laptop uses 8bit color which doesn't work with Xvesa. I know xf86config is for advanced users but I found a website with an xf86config file for my video card, which is why I was hopeful that it would work. Since I didn't really have any idea on how to get the default xserver working again, I formatted/reinstalled it. Right now I have a clean install of BasicLinux 3 with the default xserver. I'd appreciate some pointers...