baslinux - Re: [BL] ISA NICs

  • From: Karolis Lyvens <karolisl AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISA NICs
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 00:18:13 +0300

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 07:27:33AM +1200, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> Karolis Lyvens wrote:
> >
> > The card works fine in Win98 box, but because it is PnP,
> > I/O adress and IRQ that I see in Win98, are irrelevant
> > for Linux.
>
> Are you sure? What is the I/O address in Windows?
> Have you tried it in Linux? If so, what exactly was
> your insmod command.

Data from device manager's NIC's properties:
IO: 0x240
IRQ: 05

Insmod commands (taken from ~/netsetup script):
-------
insmod 8390
insmod ne io=0x240
-------
Insmodding ne results with error that card couldn't be found.

I have tried many IO adresses between 240 and 320:
0x240
0x250
0x260
0x270
0x280
0x290
0x300
0x310
0x320

Maybe IO adresses could differ because it was in different computers?

Note: I will get error reports and describe more detailed behaviour at
morning (it's currently 00:25)