baslinux - Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 16:49:46 +0000 (UTC)

I have packaged the binary mtekscan (compiled for the Slackware 8.1 glibc 2.2.5) and documentation as http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/mtekscan-SW81.tgz

/usr/local/bin/mtekscan
Put the documentation wherever you want it.

I don't have anything to test it on (just HP and UMAX and a USB scanner).
Try it with the 1993 SCSI scanner using an upgraded library in BL3.40, Steven's bzimage.big and modules:
insmod scsi_mod
insmod sg_mod
insmod -- the module required for your scsi card or chip (aic7xxx is mine)

Plug it in and turn it on before the last module is inserted.

If you upgrade to the Slackware 8.1 (or 9.0) glibcso library package you will also be able to use Opera 7 or 8.

If you don't want to upgrade and don't want to learn to compile I will install the SW4.0 compiling packages and do it for you.

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
David Moberg wrote:

From the linuxpackages list of SANE packages, I see
that the latest available binary is for SW91.

Slackware 8.1 has a SANE package in /slackware/xap