baslinux - Re: [BL] scsi pcmcia in BL3.40 - module missing?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] scsi pcmcia in BL3.40 - module missing?
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 07:58:50 +1200

sindi keesan wrote:

> >> cardmgr -vo
>
> This gives the same info as plain 'cardmgr -o', which
> does not identify the card except as 'unsupported card'.

Sorry about that. The correct syntax is:
----------
cardmgr -v
----------

> And where do I look for 2.2.26 pcmcia modules not at the BL3 site?

AFAIK all the relevant modules are at the BL3 site.

> I think when I compiled pcmcia it produced every imaginable module.
> I may have the missing pcmcia-scsi module for 2.4.31.

I did not compile cardbus modules (BL3 does not do cardbus).
It is also possible that I had SCSI off when I compiled.

> Do you have any idea why the 700MHz PIII won't work with BL2
> and older kernel but it will with BL3

It's nice that BL3 works with a PIII, but it really
doesn't matter. BL3 is targetted at 486 and P1.
I'm more interested in 386s than PIIIs.