baslinux - [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3

  • From: Flavio Genelhu Oliveira <fgenelhu AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] SANE, Desktop internet, Install at other machine on BL3
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:33:39 -0300 (ART)

Hi,

I just got BL3 on internet, since i wanted to fill
my old 486 with some more than 10Mb of memory and an
HD of about 500Mb with some usefulness.

I intent it to be a scanner machine and probably a
simple desktop internet access with some word
processing.

I was obviusly looking at SANE to do scanner
things, but i couldn´t find info if BL3 suports it
(SANE), at least with a proprietary SCSI interface. as
i red, to use USB scanners it needs a higher version
kernel, thats why i am asking this.

I also needs suggestion to how i can connect it
through a DSL modem.

And i would like to know where i can find
instructions on how to install it at another machine
with different hardware, and than just move the HD to
486 and boot it. I really cant trust the diskete drive
anymore since it got too much dust all this time
stoped.

Thanks for any sugestion and orientation

Flávio

Novidade no Yahoo! Mail: receba alertas de novas mensagens no seu celular.
Registre seu aparelho agora!
http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/