baslinux - Re: [BL] network card mismatch? was Re: Opera 8 segfaults on some computers

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] network card mismatch? was Re: Opera 8 segfaults on some computers
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 14:31:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Is there some speed adjustment that I can make to the
rtl8139 PCI 100Mbit so it will work with the slower
Accton ISA 10MBit?

insmod rtl8139 options=0x40

Thanks. But I still can't use rtl8139 with kernel 2.4.31
David or anyone else with the kernel modules David compiled, does mii.o insert for you or do you get an error message about watchdog?
insmod crc232
insmod mii - error message
insmod 8139too - needs mii

the .dep file only lists these three modules.
I have not tried with modprobe.

I am going to compile a 2.2.16 framebuffer kernel with built-in scsi support to use instead of David's kernel if I can't make mii insert.