baslinux - [BL] network card mismatch? was Re: Opera 8 segfaults on some computers

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] network card mismatch? was Re: Opera 8 segfaults on some computers
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 02:10:54 +0000 (UTC)

Our two Acton AUI-BNC-RJ45 cards work perfectly all the time, unlike a
couple of 3c59x cards that often needed the modules reloaded, and the
rtl8139 cards that won't work with mii.o and 2.4.31 (something about
watchdog). And they use modules that come with BL2 and with BL3.40 - 8390
and ne.

The two Accton cards work perfectly together, as do the two RTL8139 cards (with 2.2.16 modules, anyway) but I can't ping between Accton and RTL8139, much less send files. Plip looked like it was working - it could ping (only after I did ifconfig eth0 down) but nc: no connect, when I tried to send. Laplink pro for DOS always works so we are transferring 35MB for the next half hour instead of setting up parport zip drive and adding ppa.o module to BL2 ramdisk.

Is there some speed adjustment that I can make to the rtl8139 PCI 100Mbit so it will work with the slower Accton ISA 10MBit?