baslinux - Re: [BL] compiling busybox 1.10

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] compiling busybox 1.10
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:49:18 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I put it in /busybox110, which I put on the path ahead of /bin/busybox, in
/etc/profile. I can't remove /bin/busybox (in BL2) or eznet stops working
with a complaint about not finding /bin/busybox/busybox. Why?????

That breaks your existing busybox setup. Try using ramdisk BL2 to
remove /bin/busybox and replace all of the links that pointed to
/bin/busybox/busybox with links to your new busybox. If you have
installed GNU find, then:

cd /; find -exec ls -l '{}' ';' | grep "busybox/busybox"

This is taking a very long time on a 3GB drive at 200MHz.
It found ./bin/busybox/busybox and nothing else.

What did not work was eznet, that gave me some message about /bin/busybox.
Maybe I have left out some program that is in the BL2 busybox?
I will take better notes next time.

A comparison of my busybox and Steven's revealed that I was missing: true, false, id, seq, and some other programs that might have been the problem. I have not tried taking /bin/busybox off the path again yet.

When I do a 'which' the program in busybox 1.1.0 shows up, not in
/bin/busybox/busybox (which I think is 1.01).

It might be calling e.g. /bin/cat instead of just cat.

David's script made links for every possible program including things like
sha1sum which I did not compile for. If I try to run the link:
./sha1sum --help
sha1sum: applet not found

Is sha1sum listed in busybox --help? If not, then I don't see how my
script could have possibly made that link.

I probably goofed and was looking at /busybox101 (libc).

Nope, the script is making these links. I put the new busybox into an empty directory and it made links to sha1sum, uuencode, dealocvt, and many other things not actually in busybox. I have at least two other busyboxes on my path - could it be using one of those?