baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:55:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Opera would load, and display local pages, but 'network problem' if I try
to access a website after dialing.

I got the same problem if I only copied over the
libraries manually. But after I downloaded and
installed the glibc-solibs package from SW81,
it started working. I am currently typing this
message from the latest version of Opera, (.deb
in .tgz format, static QT edition) on BL3.40.

My problem with that computer was that tar in BL 3.40 refused to work on the SW81 glibc-solibs package. 'bad tar magic'.

BL2 tar had worked on that same computer before. tar worked on other packages on that computer. pkg uses tar. Which is one reason I copied over the library files manually.

Maybe the package somehow got corrupted when I transferred via DOS and llpro (because plip also won't work on that computer and the network card would not work but it was not tested elsewhere first).

Could you install Opera with install.sh? That also refused to work for me in BL3.40 on the same computer.