baslinux - Re: [BL] 2.2.16 USB

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 2.2.16 USB
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:55:30 -0800

On 11/29/05, Sheldon Isaac <SheldonIsaac AT myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Please excuse: I downloaded the
> http://us.share.geocities.com/davidjmoberg/usb-2.2.16-BL3.tar.gz file David
> spoke of, and see there's a lot of modules in it. I did read fthe README,
> but still don't understand. Are all those modules to be insmoded?

Not all at once.

> How does a BL3.32 user make use of these new things?

First insmod usbcore. Then insmod usb-uhci or usb-ohci (one
will work, one will probably not). Get scsi_mod and sd_mod from
SW71 and insmod them, then insmod usb-storage to try the USB
storage support (which only appears to work on floppy drives
right now). Or insmod input, hid, and keybdev to use a USB
keyboard instead of a USB storage device.

There are other devices you can use, too. You need to insmod
different modules and perhaps make some new device nodes
to use them. Please let me know if you need instructions for any
other devices.

David