baslinux - Re: [BL] burning multi session CD

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] burning multi session CD
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:12:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, David Moberg wrote:

On 11/25/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

Hi list,

Is there anybody on this list who has got experience with burning
multi session data CDROM? After heaving read quite a bit of
documentation I was able to burn them on my Linux 2.2.16 (BL2)
system. Then I found the DOS port and after having spent quite a lot
of time with trial and error I was even able to burn multi session
disks in DOS (version 7.10/W98SE). BUT: The Linux system does not
mount them.

Please describe how you burned multi-session CDs so I can try it.

Here is what I would do (insert ide-scsi module(s) first if necessary):

mkisofs -R -J file1 file2 | cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,0 -multi -data -
mkisofs -R -J -M /dev/hdc -C `cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,0 -msinfo` file3 |
cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,0 -multi -data -

(The above are only two lines; if newlines have been inserted, please
remove them)

I put the dev stuff into /etc/profile - export CDR_DEVICE=/dev/sr0 or 0,4,0 (for a genuine scsi cd burner). With an IDE imitation scsi burner, I have used 0,0,0. I had to create /dev/sr0. What is this ATAPI:0,0 or dev=0,1 about?

Replace device numbers as necessary. (e.g. use dev=0,1 instead of
dev=ATAPI:0,0 and also use /dev/scd1 instead of /dev/hdc)

My scsi card module says I have sr0 so I made that - why scd1?

Can you explain in brief what the 0,0,0 means? My scsi devices are ALL 0,n,0 - what are these 0's about?

Would SBM let me boot from a scsi drive in a computer without scsi in the CMOS menu?