baslinux - Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)

  • From: mikkel meinike <mimeini AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:08:50 +0000

OK now I have had time to try the thing that David Moberg proposed:

>So you should only need to install the no-xvesa.tgz
>package from the BL3 website, then install the x1/xsvga.tgz package from
>Slackware 4.0. (Get it here:
>http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-4.0/slakware/x1/xsvga.tgz)
>To finish the installation, get Sindi's XF86Config from:
>http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/XF86Config.wd90c24.640 and download
>that to
>/etc/XF86Config. Move it there, do _not_ create a new directory in /etc.
>You should then be able to start X.

First time with Sindy's XF86Config it failed back with the messages

Config Error: /etc/XF86Config:85
Section "Device"
Monitor section keyword expected
X connection to :O.O broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

Than I edited the XF86Config that was originally in the no_xvesa packages
to have modeline and the HorizSync and VertRefresh of Sinsy's XF86Config.

Now it tog a little longer after startx but than it came up with some
text messages that I could not read thins the fond was mist up. And i
had to reboot to get a readable fond again.

Now i tried with the the modeline and the HorizSync and VertRefresh
from my old mulinux vga16 XF86Config which is

HorizSync 29-60
VertRefresh 50-100

Modeline "640x480" 28.0 640 664 760 800 480 482 487 523

But that was the same black screen followed by text messages with "mestup
fond".

Some advise?

/Mikkel