baslinux - Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 16:10:00 +0000 (UTC)

The links 0.90 which comes with BL3 can be set up to work with an image
viewer such as seejpeg or zgv, in setup. It only shows you one image at a
time, not 'inline' (it is on a separate page) but should be faster than
graphical links2.

Ok I did not new that links could work with zgv or seejpeg but why not seejpeg if that is in the slackware archiv is zgv better?

seejpeg views gifs and jpegs. zgv also views tiff and pnm and I think bmp and probably other formats, but it is bigger.

You can simply install the whole svgalib and seejpeg packages. I forget where I got zgv for BL3 - check my previous postings to the list. I will look to see if I made a package of the basic libraries, and if not, try to make one this week.

I don't wont to install links2 it sounds to complicaded.
It really only requires a few packages - glibc2.2.5-so from SW81 is about 1MB, and then whatever package(s) contain(s) the dependencies. A graphical viewer can be handy sometimes. Do you want to know
the dependencies for delilinux links2?

One thing about sound in. Mulinux there was a tool to play sound, for instance wav fil to pc-speeker is that the same thing you can do with the beep.tgz addon?

I have not tried it.

Thanks
Mikkel