baslinux - Re: [BL] Parallel port file transfer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Parallel port file transfer
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:50:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, Jeffrey Valcher wrote:

I'd like to transfer files via parallel port from an xp computer to my
old laptop running bl3. I have never done this before.
I've been doing a little research and a lot of people recommend
fastlynx ($$$). Could possibly try the trial version.
How do I receive files on my laptop? with receive? I'm guessing I
need to edit fstab, mount the port, .etc first. Am I on the right
track?

If this were a DOS computer you could boot BL3 floppy version on it and transfer files, but I don't think the BL3 kernel will access fat32 files.
Maybe the next BL kernel should include that capability.

I used kermit for DOS and linux to transfer files from DOS to linux computers. There is also a kermit for Windows - I don't know if you can try it for free.

Jeffrey