baslinux - Re: [BL] Help

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 19:03:02 -0800

Ron Clarke wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I have a problem. My main ISP has "upgraded" his server

Uh-oh.

> and I can no longer log in on the dial-up number with BL2, BL3,
> Slackware9.1. But I can log-in with Arachne in DOS, and my wife has
> no problem with Win98.

What software do you use on the Linux side? I would try wvdial and
possibly KPPP to check if it is some obscure authentication protocol
which eznet does not understand.

Can you connect manually (using a communications program such as
Hyperterminal on Windows or microcom on BL3)?

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com