baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:04:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Sindi,

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 00:19:26 -0400
Stephen Clement <s.clement AT sympatico.ca> wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I tried it on a .wav and a .mp3 and both times was told:

SDL: Unable to open audio. No available audio device.

I have play (sox) and mpg123 working, having made /dev/dsp and
/dev/audio devices and insmodded the required sound modules for
sb16. Is this OSS sound?

Ron, did you install mplayer to basiclinux and if so, what else did
you need to add first to get SDL sound working?

It just ran out of the box. :)
I have to have the sound turned on first (do the insmods for the sound card),
and away it went.
In both BL21 and BL3(latest).

Which sound card do you use and what modules did it need?
I used Christof's packages for BL2 and BL3 sb16.

Try using:

mplayer -ao oss (other options, including source)

Yep, it does the search for a working sound itself.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke