baslinux - [BL] SVGA Xserver

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] SVGA Xserver
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:57:07 +1200

One of my computers refuses to work with Xvesa.
It has a weird onboard video that I have never
heard of. I considered de-activating the onboard
video and installing one of my spare video cards,
but first I thought I'd try a different X server.

So I installed the XSVGA server from Slackware 4.0
and created an appropriate /etc/XF86Config. It worked
fine once I had added the cursor font and rgb table
(which are included in Xvesa, but not in an ordinary
X server).

So now I'm running BL3 at a color depth of 8.
256 colors. Looks good.

Perhaps I should make a wee package to install the
font/rgb files, modify startx and provide xf86config?