baslinux - Re: [BL] bl3 with ssh protocol 2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bl3 with ssh protocol 2
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:38:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Stepan Potocky wrote:

Hello,
firs of all thank you for nice distro BL.
I found that ssh from bl3 add-ons supports only protocol version 1.5. In
our network only version 2 is supported. So I tried to install openssh
from DeLi Linux, openssh 3.9p1. After: pkg openssh.tgz I tried to run it
but I am not able to execute it. It has 'x' bit and ./ssh gives:
-sh: ssh: not found
Does anyone has some comments?

Delilinux packages use libc6. BL3 uses libc5. You can add the SW7.1 or SW8.1 glibc-so to BL3 to use libc6 packages with it.

Or maybe Steven or another list member wants to compile a more recent version of ssh.

I think the 'ssh: not found' means that ssh cannot find the library that it wants (it should be more specific in order to be helpful) You can type ldd ssh from the directory where ssh is to see a list of libraries needed by ssh, and libc.so.6 is missing.

Umite dobre anglicky!

Best regards
Stepan