baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Using libc5 programs in BL2 (netpbm)

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Using libc5 programs in BL2 (netpbm)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:06:34 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> >> How to do it in batch mode?
> >>
> >> for i in *.png; do libc5 pngtopnm *.png > ????
> >
> > for i in *.png; do libc5 pngtopnm $i > $i.pnm
> >
> > (*.png > *.png.pnm)
> > (remove the redirection > to have all the pnms
> > concatenated to stdout)
>
> I don't understand this. Are you suggesting a way to display the
> output on screen directly?

No. You probably should just leave it the way it is.

for i in *.png; do libc5 pngtopnm $i > $i.pnm

This converts *.png into *.png.pnm.

> I notice that your complete compilation does not include the
> svgalib viewer, or did I miss it somehow? Would it have required
> more libraries?

It wouldn't compile. It needed svgalib, of course. zgv or xli are
what I usually use.

> I thought Steven was saying it should be $0 $1 not $1 $2

I think he meant that I described $1 and $2 wrong. The script
will still only work with $1 $2, not $0 $1.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com