baslinux - Re: [BL] What BL version to choose?

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] What BL version to choose?
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:05:51 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, David Moberg wrote:

You can also use Xvesa or Xfbdev on BL2. Of course, the only reason that
would be necessary is if you don't want to configure a hi-res X server.
What's nice about BL3, though, is that you have a ready-to-run distribution
for X, and you only have to install one package for most X applications.
Therefore, everything is small and simple, just the way it should be.

> My HP scanner scans at 8.5" x 11.69" and you can adjust the width and
> height by fractions of a milliter but the closest I could get to the
> required size for pbmtoppa was too pixels too short (or else too
> large - when I am oversize I don't get told what size file I tried to
> send it). I narrowed it in between two pixel sizes.

Isn't it possible to add something to your script to resize it before
sending it to pbmtoppa?

"If a train stops at a train station, what happens at a workstation?"

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com