baslinux - Re: [BL] framebuffer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] framebuffer
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:14:34 +0000 (UTC)

See previous posting.

When I dial my bbs I am in 37 lines but when I use pine 80x25 and after
exiting pine everything stays at 80x25 - how to fix this?

The fb cursor offline was a rectangle alternating between dark and medium bright but online it is bright all the time (at least after exiting pine - did not pay attention before this).

fbset can be used with /etc/fb.modes to change resolution for all or individual terminals, along with color depth, horiz and vert refresh rate and many things I did not understand, but not with vesafb. Works with the fbs for matrox and ati and possibly others.

Therefore resizecons and Xvesa give more control, unless you have one of these cards that uses fbset. But these cards don't usually work with resizecons and Xvsa so you are stuck with framebuffer for them so I hope someone can help get it to work instead of crashing with xfbdev.

I will look for a newer xfbdev version for SW71.