baslinux - [BL] DHCP and Hostnames

  • From: "Jason Chall" <shaggychall AT yahoo.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] DHCP and Hostnames
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:54:13 -0500

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but when using DHCP (udhcpc) which is
started from netsetup and despite the fact that I set hostname in rc my BL3
box doesn't get a hostname. If I set it explicitly in hosts then it will,
but since I am using DHCP I don't really want to do that. Anyone know what
the problem is. I see the messages Get_Hostbyname: Unknown hos NAS-JC1 and
Unable to get my hostname - exiting in log.nmb

thanks,
JAson