baslinux - Re: [BL] ipfwadm in BL3

  • From: "Carl Reaburn" <carlreaburn AT attech.net.au>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ipfwadm in BL3
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:11:20 +1100

----- Original Message ----- From: <3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org>
To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 7:24 AM

Carl Reaburn wrote:

How do I get ipfwadm or similar to work with BL3?

You need a kernel with that capability (eg bare.i).
The default BL3 does not do firewalling.

I had it working perfectly with BL1 a couple years ago.

The default BL1 kernel did do firewalling. BL1 also
included the ipfwadm executable.

>> These lines worked in BL1, but not BL3 :(
/sbin/ipfwadm -F -p deny
/sbin/ipfwadm -F -a accept -b -P tcp -S $allnet $anyport -D $mail 25
/sbin/ipfwadm -F -a accept -b -P tcp -S $mail 25 -D $allnet $anyport

That should work in BL3 if you add /sbin/ipfwadm from
Slackware 4.0 and the bare.i kernel from Slackware 7.1.
However, you might want use ipchains instead of ipfwadm.
It's a newer firewalling utility (for the 2.2 kernel).

I have bzimage loaded and working now. I'm having trouble finding the ipfwadm or ipchains part to install. I don't know which directory or file I should be looking in.

This is as far as I got....
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-4.0/

Thanks for you help thus far.