baslinux - [BL] Baslinux install on HD

  • From: dick allen <dick AT bea4allen.waitrose.com>
  • To: Basic Linux <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Baslinux install on HD
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:54:06 +0000

Hi

I am a newby to Linux, but started with SUSE on my main PC (1GHz 380MB 80GB)
with dual boot and Win 98 (hardly used now). Now interested in a simpler
kernal etc (to learn Linux) on old PC (which I can crash etc without worry)
(networked to above) and have got BL3 on floppy working ok. Old machine is
133Mhz 32Mb and hda of 4GB and hdb of 500MB.

Trying to install BL3 on hdb, but only just realised the <install> command as
described in the readme file is a Dos command. Suppose I could remove
basic SUSE insall on hda and install WIn 98, but there must be a way to
install from Linux.

Suggestions welcomed

Thanks
Dick