baslinux - Re: [BL] Disk2.tgz

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Disk2.tgz
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:31:42 +1300

Joel wrote:

> I took the 'Xsetup' file, and edited to
>
> When I put it in the tgz, and loaded it,
> it wasn't executable.

Did it have execute permission?

BTW, Xsetup does not auto-execute. You need
to run it directly.

> Is there a way to do this?

What exactly are you trying to do? To automatically
execute something at system startup, put it in /etc/rc.
To automatically execute something at login, put it in
/etc/profile.

Note: the second BL3 floppy is loaded from /etc/rc
(i.e. /etc/rc is already running when the second
floppy goes in). Therefore, loading a new /etc/rc
from the second floppy will probably not work. But
a new /etc/profile probably will.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru