baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8 - report

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8 - report
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:04:20 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Has anyone tried WP8 in BL1 with plain VGA X?

Several years ago, I tried that. Initially, I ran
into problems with inadequate busybox binaries and
had to replace several (including grep, which James
also had to replace). Eventually (after lots of
fiddling) I got it to work.

In the end I decided it was too complicated and did
not document the steps I took.

> >> then the whole thing exits. It says "Segmentation fault"
> >
> > Damn. The most likely cause of a segfault is Xvesa.

One way to check whether Xvesa is at fault, is to run
that wp8 installation without X and export the display
to a different computer (running a real Xserver). If
wp8 still generates a segfault then the problem lies
elsewhere.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru