baslinux - Re: [BL] Midnight Commander

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Midnight Commander
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:52:33

On 3 Mar 04 at 18:23, ian.freedomnet AT softhome.net wrote:

>> On the BL web page there are instructions how to install MC.
>> The small add-on from BL web page is good for a rescue disk.
>> If you want to use MC as universal tool for viewing, packing,
>> running programs etc. you should definetely install the full
>> package from the Slackware distribution.
>
>Yes, Thanks. Im using that add-on and as you say I need the full
>package. My difficulty is finding the extra libraries
>MC needs but I think Im making progress now.

-------------
ldd mc
-------------
tells you which libraries are missing.

In the Slackware archive there is one small file FILE_LIST
containing the names of all packets. Another file MANIFEST.gz
contains the complete list of all files installed by these packets.
You can browse these files with the links browser (command: d)
and search with key '/'.

>> If you are using 8bit characters, run MC with -a parameter.
>
>8bit characters, dunno what they are. Something else to find out :)

accented characters with ASCII value above 128, they are needed for
non-English languages.

Regards
Christof Lange

Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov