baslinux - Re: [BL] Midnight Commander

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Midnight Commander
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:26:04

On 1 Mar 04 at 12:09, baslinux-request AT lists.ibibl wrote:

>Reply to Sender: mailto:ian.freedomnet AT softhome.net
>Reply to List: mailto:baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
>
>Hi Im new to Linux. Ive managed to put BL1.8 onto a hard drive.
>Im very much a Norton Commander clone user, Volkov C' and Far,
>actually, so Id like to get a good installation of Midnight
>Commander going. Ive got the stripped down version of MC from
>the BL site working but I cant get any other version (Slackware
>3.5 , SW 3.1 , "mini-mc") to work even though I managed to track
>down the Library files that it says it needs (from Slackware 9.1).
>BL just gives up and returns to the login when I try to startup
>MC from the bash prompt. Has any one here had any success with
>MC?
>Thought Id ask here before I try to download any other enormous
>tgz files.
>

>--
>Bye now,
> Ian.

On the BL web page there are instructions how to install MC.
The small add-on from BL web page is good for a rescue disk.
If you want to use MC as universal tool for viewing, packing,
running programs etc. you should definetely install the full
package from the Slackware distribution.

BL 1.x -> slackware 3.5
BL 2.x -> slackware 7.1

If you are using 8bit characters, run MC with -a parameter.

Regards
Christof Lange

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov