baslinux - Re: [BL] Problem to call my ISP using PPP

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: celise AT prodigy.net.mx, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Problem to call my ISP using PPP
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:28:11 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 celise AT prodigy.net.mx wrote:

> > (2) the modem needs an init string
>
> I belive that too, but at this time I can't found a command
> list for my modem, US Robotics support web page sucks

For my USR modems I had to use the init string AT&F1. I found this in a
manual for one of them. It works for all our USR internal modems. We
have one external USR modem that works with Arachne and Kermit but not
usually with Windows and another that works with everything. Most non-USR
modems seem to work with ATZ init string.

> > What init string did you use for the modem in minicom?
>
> minicom has a default init string, but it seems strange for
> me, it has some charaters wich I never seen before. Anyway I
> try with the init string from minicom in eznet.conf, but the
> modem does the same thing, nothing. (at the moment I don't
> have that string , because I'm conected using windows98,
> with the same modem).

> Thanks, Ernesto.

  • Re: [BL] Problem to call my ISP using PPP, sindi keesan, 11/29/2003