baslinux - Re: [BL] homenetwork

  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant AT indo.net.id>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] homenetwork
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:35:10 +0700

> The key is to run a server on bigone and configure it

I seem to remember from last time I used SuSE that you can
set all that sort
of stuff up on SuSE via Yast.

There's an option somewhere as to what servers to run on
startup. Choose the
ones you want, and your Mum will have a brother called
Robert.

Server is now up and running. Choose nfs. Now I can mount
bigone from my p100=Basiclinux.
As I am a fervent user of midnight commander (and norton
commander on my drdos) I can now read the directories that I
have mounted and which I have given permission for at Suse.

I had to stop the use of an firewall for the moment but that
is only temporarily and of no big concern because I am on
dial up.

But when I wanted to copy files from p100 to bigone I got
the info that I did not have the permission.
And after mounting drdos on both computers I could peek in
both dos partitions but also there no permission.
Always those small disappointments ;-(.

--

NTReader v0.36w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.