baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 1.9 RELEASED

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 1.9 RELEASED
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:17:00 +1300

Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> > BasicLinux 1.9 is just released.
>
> I am confused: I thought the BasicLinux I got a couple of
> weeks ago was version 2.1
>
> Will someone please clarify this?

BL1 is based on a 2.0 kernel and libc5 (and is therefore
more suitable for really old hardware). When I upgraded
to a 2.2 kernel and glibc2 (BL2), Chris said he wanted to
keep developing the BL1 line. He had some good ideas for
making BL1 better: adding support for non-English users,
replacing the 2.0.34 kernel with 2.0.39 and using packages
from Slackware 3.9 instead of 3.5. They sounded like good
ideas so I handed BL1 over to him.

I didn't see any of those things mentioned in the BL 1.9
announcement. Perhaps I missed something?

Cheers,
Stevens