baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 1.9 RELEASED

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 1.9 RELEASED
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 17:19:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Sheldon Isaac wrote:
> > BasicLinux 1.9 is just released.
>
> I am confused: I thought the BasicLinux I got a couple of weeks ago was
> version 2.1
>
> Will someone please clarify this?

Basiclinux 1.x is the old BL line, based on the 2.0.x kernel. Steven came
out with a new release of BL that started at 2.0 several months ago, based
on the 2.2.x kernel, and was considering abandoning BL 1.x. But someone
came forward offering to continue developing it. So, there are 2 BL
lines: BL1.x and BL2.x. The developer of BL1.x just came out with a new
release that he's calling BL 1.9. You most likely *do* have BL 2.1,
but that in no way conflicts with development of the BL1.x line, or
the fact that a new BL1.x release just came out. Does that help?

James